9 Hackett Gardens, Turner ACT 2612Sold $2,050,000
A Perfect Inner City Oasis Adjacent To Parkland
House Sold - Turner ACT
Nestled in the secluded enclave of Hackett Gardens parkland, located in one of Canberra’s most sought-after streets and suburbs, this home emanates style and quality and will be appreciated by all discerning buyers. Fastidiously renovated, this 1941 Canberra red brick cottage has been sensitively extended and renovated to complement the original architectural integrity of the early 1940’s era, without sacrificing modernity and sun light.
This stunning four bedroom ensuite bathroom home, with a separate studio, will certainly impress.
A delightfully eclectic combination of older and contemporary characteristics. Solid brick construction in the older part of the home and living/dining extension. Original Canberra red bricks and terracotta roof tiles have been sourced and used throughout. The home features high ceilings, decorative cornices, leadlight triple glazed doors, rose gum flooring, and three fire places.
This outstanding residence offers a flexible floorplan of three separate living areas with a three bedroom home, or two living areas with a four bedroom home.
The formal reception room with the front portico, together with the large living/dining room and the external outdoor relaxation areas, ensures you have plenty of entertaining areas for all family members. The renovated kitchen with the artistic flare required by all chefs, is a burst of colour in your day with feature mosaic artwork, and two electronic Velux skylights, equipped with rain sensors and adjustable blinds. The modern wet room bathroom is a delight for the modern era, and features yet another Velux directly above the rain head shower. Our future owners of this treasure will find every small detail has been meticiulously maintained in this home.
The Parents’ Wing can be a three room escape at the end of a busy day – as the flexibility of Bedroom 2 being used as a parent’s living room with its own fireplace is truly special. The Vogue-style master bedroom and ensuite synchronise perfectly with the era of the home and will have you saying “wow” definitely more than once.
Year-round comfort is assured with high rated insulation, double glazed windows and heavy drapes to keep the home cool in summer and warm in winter.
Stepping outside will bring yet more wow factor. Landscaped gardens are complete with meandering paths, open gazebos and a huge variety of stunning trees and plants, creating separate garden areas which extend and complement the living space.
The fully renovated red brick former garage has been approved with a bathroom and kitchen, and allows multiple options such as a home office/studio or additional living space.
Everything about this home simply feels welcoming and has been fastidiously maintained, which will make it perfect for your family.
Conveniently positioned just moments from the heart of the City, this wonderful home provides an oasis for the modern day family and will be an opportunity hard to pass by. The location of this home is second to none. The City is minutes away. Braddon Precinct and the Canberra Centre is in one direction, or O’Connor shops is in the other direction, both offering restaurants, bars and shops. This, combined with the sought-after Hackett Gardens location, leafy surrounds and outstanding design, will not only be a great purchase, but a brilliant future addition as capital growth continues to increase in the Inner North.
* Double brick 1941, extended 2011, with further extensions 2014 and 2019 renovations
* Recycled 1940s Canberra red bricks and original terracotta tiles used in all extensions
* Renovated and extended residence offering a flexible floorplan
* Beautiful north facing location across from parkland in sought after Hackett Gardens
* Front Portico with stunning tree sculpture fabricated from Bungendore railway iron
* High ceilings (minimum 2.7 metres) throughout with ornate cornices and period finishes
* Rose gum floating timber flooring over original hardwood floors
* Formal reception area with fireplace and antique cast iron surround and grate
* Huge living and dining room with Italian marble fireplace and built-in surround sound system
* Modernised kitchen filled with colour and unique mosaic feature
* Free-standing 900mm electric cooktop and oven, with fan extraction vented through original kitchen chimney
* Electronic Velux skylights with rain sensors and blinds (kitchen, master suite and bathroom)
* Master bedroom with sliding built-in frosted glass robe doors
* Vogue-style ensuite bathroom with free-standing bath
* Built-in Marantz sound system in master ensuite
* Three remaining bedrooms, two with built-in robes
* Bedroom 2 with fireplace currently used as media room
* Renovated bathroom designed as wet room with Velux double glazed sensor skylight
* Sliding cedar bi-folds to paved open gazebo outdoor entertaining area
* Quality thermal curtains with pelmets, and solid copper window fittings in original bedrooms
* Light fittings and leadlight triple glazed doors in keeping with the 1940s era
* Ducted gas heating
* Instantaneous gas hot water service
The Studio / Home office:
* Converted red brick former garage with terracotta roof tiles
* New kitchen with lift-top cupboards
* New bathroom with shower and wall-hung vanity
* Comfortably accommodates a double bed – and has built-in mirrored robe
* Lounge area with new double-glazed sliding door
* Separate 160 litre hot water
* “Plum Tree Cottage” name plate and mosaic feature
* Front Portico with Italian limestone tiles
* Unique garden sculptures
* Manicured landscaping with extensive hedging, and beautiful parterre garden bed to the front of the house
* Private eastern side open gazebo area covered in wisteria
* Larger paved outdoor entertaining area with Italian limestone tiles and metal gazebo
* New driveway and fully enclosed yard
* Custom made wrought iron fencing and gates
* Canberra 1920s red brick paths and stepping stones
* House completely rewired (three phase power), and re-plumbed
* Watering system and drippers throughout gardens
* Outdoor lighting and storage shed
* Walking distance to Civic CBD, tramline and the Canberra Centre
* Close to a wide variety of restaurants and shopping options
* Nearby to Black Mountain Nature Reserve and the ANU Campus
* Transport options close by to a range of public and private schools
Front Portico: 13.27m2
Total Residence: 257.07m2
(Excluding outdoor living options)
Land Size: 1019m2
Land Value: $1,280,000
Land Rates: $7,178pa
(All measurements and figures are approximate.)
- 4 bed
- 3 bath
- 1 Parking Spaces