73 Euree Street, Reid ACT 2612Auction Thursday, 7th November at 1:00 pm
Dial Back to 1942 please ..... with so much personality !
House - Reid ACT
A 15 minute walk to the City Centre. Close to the Australian War Memorial, Anzac Parade and Mt Ainslie Reserve.
Constructed in 1942 for the electrical engineer engaged on the construction of the Australian War Memorial, the design was based on a local, gentrified Forrest residence. Behind the front door you will find a quiet, private and leafy suburban oasis. This exceptionally well-designed and solidly built 3 bedroom, two bathroom character home could be precisely what you are looking for, with multiple living areas! The home retains many original features and elements of its history, while renovations ensure it offers a distinctive residence, situated within a magical, cedar-lined street with wide nature strips and opposite Reid Oval.
Space, style and light-filled design combine easily here, boasting a beautifully balanced combination of radiant indoor and outdoor spaces. Every element needed for absolute family comfort and convenience is assured by this solid, quality home. The landscape designed outdoor rooms and gardens within the privacy of the surrounding hedge allows you to meander through pathways finding a different location each day for quiet contemplation. The amazing leafy address is near to the walking, running or biking tracks of Mt Ainslie.
The bright open layout features spacious living and dining areas bathing the home in light and providing a great integration with the outdoors. Alfresco living at the rear of the home provides an excellent space to relax or entertain, with the meditative sounds of the fish pond and local birdlife.
The kitchen has been well maintained with updates throughout, all whilst preserving its timeless charm. The 1200mm Falcon freestanding cooktop with double ovens is located in the original 1940s kitchen hob. There is ample cupboard space and servery, perfect for the growing family and entertainers. Complemented by the connecting open living and dining areas, it is ideal for everyday use as well as formal entertaining.
There are three bedrooms, two bathrooms and sunroom plus the most sought-after option of a large studio. The spacious studio, brimming with potential, has one wall of windows ensuring all-year round light. A home business option, a mum-cave, a rumpus room, sleep-out room for teenagers or a hobby/craft room. The original 1942 garage is an additional bonus, especially taking into consideration the generous storeroom at the rear, offering superb wine storage potential. Storage is never an issue, and car parking is available for up to three cars.
This easy maintenance home offers the ideal haven in a sought-after Inner North location that is close to schools, shops and bus transport with the heart of the CBD just 3 minutes away. Ideal for families or an executive couple wanting lots of space, the utmost privacy and a great layout for entertaining, this is a home with true ‘wow’ factor, and potential for making your own mark.
Reid is tightly held with few properties changing hands in this highly sought-after historic precinct. It has inherited the best of Australia’s garden city spatial planning – homes on large lots, generous building setbacks, wide tree-lined streets, a high proportion of public parks and proximity to a network of urban amenities. Only a short stroll to the city centre, Lonsdale Street, cinemas and a variety of cafes and restaurants. Its nearness to Mt Ainslie and the Australian War Memorial, the popular Ainslie Shops, Lake Burley Griffin, ANU and other educational institutions ensures this will always be an extremely desirable location.
– 1942 design of a Forrest residence in Reid
– Private, generous and bright interior with a flexible floorplan
– Terracotta roof tiles and double hung sash windows
– Characteristic high ceilings and two fire places
– Solid polished cypress pine timber flooring
– Sheltered patio and alfresco deck with leafy views
– French doors leading to deck and landscaped grounds
– Well-appointed kitchen with metres of storage space
– 1200cm Falcon freestanding gas cooktop with double ovens
– Fisher and Paykel double dish drawer dishwasher
– Solid timber breakfast bar
– Master bedroom with mirrored built-in robes
– Two other large bedrooms with built-in robes
– Renovated bathroom with glass feature tiles
– European style bathroom and combined laundry
– Plantation shutters throughout
– Expansive and covered hardwood deck with fish pond
– Renovated free-standing studio with vaulted ceilings
– Outdoor rooms of leafy gardens front and back
– Ducted gas heating
– Alarm system
– Irrigation watering system front and back
– Original 1942 garage with workshop area with terracotta roof
– Positioned opposite Reid Oval
– less than 1.5km from the City Centre
– Close to the Australian War Memorial, Anzac Parade and Mt Ainslie reserve
– Walking, running and biking tracks to Mt Ainslie
– New fencing
– Airbnb potential
Land Size: 1215.4m2
Land Value: $853,000 (2019-20)
Land Rates: $5,446.05 pa
Total Residence: 226.55m2 (excluded garage/workshop)
(All measurements and figures are approximate)
- 3 bed
- 2 bath
- 1 Parking Spaces