8/39 Gardiner Street, Downer ACT 2602Sold $346,500
UNIQUE TOP FLOOR APARTMENT WITH OWN PRIVATE STAIRWELL
Unit Sold - Downer ACT
This fully renovated, light filled top floor two bedroom apartment is a rare find, having its own private stairwell entrance. Whether living here yourself, or renting to a tenant, the private stairwell means no issues of personal security with neighbours leaving a common area door open.
The double brick apartment is set in a convenient and very solid complex walking distance to Downer Shops, constructed in 1966 when buildings were built to last. This corner apartment is the largest in the boutique complex of 10, with additional windows allowing for great cross-ventilation.
Functionality is the key to the fully renovated kitchen with stone benchtop and Bosch appliances of dishwasher, under bench oven and electric cooktop. The easterly orientation of the balcony is perfect for coffee to start the day, as well as providing a beautiful leafy outlook.
Contrary to other two bedroom apartments of this era, both bedrooms are very good in terms of size and both have block-out roman blinds. The master bedroom easily accommodates queen bed furniture and has a built-in robe. The second bedroom easily fits double bed furniture, and there is plenty of space for a large free-standing robe.
The quality of the renovations are of a very high standard, as the owner had professionals undertake improvements for their own use, not just as an investment property. The bathroom offers quality fittings and fixtures, and built-in mirror cabinetry. The renovations also ensure there is a separate European laundry inside the apartment, not in the kitchen, for yet more confirmation of the quality of the renovations.
The location is perfect, the apartment is immaculate, and only minutes to Dickson Shopping Precinct and walking distance to the Downer community shops. A refreshing walk each day to the light rail will mean you could leave the car in the carport, saving parking fees and petrol. For investors, the gross yield is 5.89% (based on a sale of $345,000), so all the numbers make sense, with the tenants wishing to stay on.
This treasure is ideal for the first home-owner to move into, or investor, or Executives, or family looking for somewhere to stay when they drop into Canberra. So rare, and so amazing.
* Fully renovated two bedroom top floor apartment
* 1966 double brick construction
* Largest apartment in boutique complex of 10
* Your own private stairwell for privacy and security
* Corner apartment means more windows
* Fully renovated apartment to a high standard
* Light and airy open plan living
* Lovely leafy outlook with east-facing balcony
* Renovated kitchen with stone benchtop
* Bosch stainless steel appliances
* Block-out roman blinds in both bedrooms
* Internal European laundry
* Wall heaters plus Daikin reverse cycle A/C
* Single carport
* Only minutes to the Dickson shopping centre
* Metres from the Downer oval and transport
* Easy access to Civic, ANU and Australian Catholic University
* Great for the first home buyer or investor
* Excellent tenants who wish to stay
* Tenants currently on a month-by-month basis of $390pw
* Gross yield of 5.89% (based on a $345,000 sale)
Total Residence: 64.5m2
General Rates: $2,050.16 pa
WS&S Rates: $667.36 pa
Land Tax (only payable if rented): $2,709.56 pa
Body Corporate: $3,514.92 pa
Current Rent: $390 per week
All figures and measurements are approximate.
Photos supplied by Little Bird Properties from 2017 when the property was last advertised
- 2 bed
- 1 bath
- 1 Parking Spaces