74 Derrima Road, Crestwood NSW 2620Sold $525,000
A Flexible Floor Plan Harmonising with Sustainable Living
House Sold - Crestwood NSW
Built around the 1920’s as a cottage-style home but now extended and updated, this residence offers a flexible floor plan that harmonises with sustainable living features including double glazing, solar panels, solar hot water service, rain water tanks, a high efficiency, low emission wood heater and best of all a self-sustaining food forest.
The home itself comprises a sunken lounge room with slow combustion fire and French doors. The family/meals and kitchen have an open plan design with high ceilings and natural light. Two of the bedrooms and a bathroom with plumbing for a washing machine are also located in this section of the home.
The main bedroom/studio is separate from the main living areas with its own entrance and ensuite bathroom. This arrangement can provide an opportunity for extended family members to make it their own or perhaps a “work from home” opportunity whilst still having the features and benefits of the main part of the home close by to enjoy.
A separate metal double garage with manual doors provides car accommodation and there is a workshop located to the rear of the garage.
The sustainable living features include solar panels, a solar hot water service, double glazed windows in the family room, around the front door and lounge room, rainwater tanks and insulation in the walls, ceiling and under the floor.
The food forest has been established by the current owner in both the back and front garden and is designed to allow varying layers starting at the top with canopy trees, then moving lower down to large shrubs, then perennials and vines all coexisting to benefit humans by providing food. As an example, you will find figs, olive, plums, prune and pomegranate trees and shrubs growing along side grape vines, red and blackcurrant and blueberries to name just a few.
Close to the Queanbeyan West Public primary school, the Queanbeyan city centre and hospital.
Crestwood is a suburb of Queanbeyan in New South Wales. It is located west of the central business district of Queanbeyan to the west of Ross Road and the north of Canberra Avenue which also border the Australian Capital Territory.
– Built around the 1920’s but now extended and upgraded
– Flexible floor plan with potential for “working from home”
– Sunken lounge room with slow combustion fire
– Open plan family/meals and kitchen
– Kitchen with induction cook top
– Two bedrooms and bathroom in the main part of the home
– Separate main bedroom/studio with ensuite
– Wall mounted reverse cycle air conditioners in the family/meals area and the main bedroom/studio
– 4.2 kilo watt solar panels, solar hot water and rainwater tanks (11,900 litre capacity)
– Self-sustaining food forest
– Double garage with manual doors and workshop
– NBN connection – fibre to the premise
Statistics: (all measures/figures are approximate)
Land size: 664 sqm
Land value: $232,000
Rates: $638 per quarter
Rental appraisal: $500 – $530 per week unfurnished
- 3 bed
- 2 bath
- 2 Parking Spaces
- 2 Garage